History in the Making

Crusaders Off to an Unprecedented Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

History in the Making

The Crusaders football team storms the field on Sept. 13 for a 16-10 win against Bowlegs.

Jordan Suess, Staff Reporter

Immanuel’s athletics program is off to a strong start this season. The varsity football team’s record of 4-0 and the varsity volleyball team’s record of 6-5 is the best start to a season in Immanuel’s athletic history. The middle school volleyball team’s record of 8-2, as well as middle school runners Jacob Clark and Meg Andresen’s recent qualification for the national meet are highlights for the young season.

Senior volleyball player Brena Brown has high hopes for the remainder of the season and for the team’s continued development and success. Brown’s seniority and motivation helps boost the other team members’ confidence and plays a significant role in her team’s chemistry. 

Brown shouted out eighth grader Ava Davis who improved tremendously and contributes to not only the junior varsity team, but the high school team as well. 

“I do believe we have what it takes to contend for a state championship,” Brown said. 

She hopes that every member has the same amount of confidence and motivation as her and are all trying their hardest. 

Not only has the varsity team continued to compete well, so has the middle school team. Davis has impacted the younger members and how they act on and off the court. She feels eighth grader April Thomas has greatly improved over the off-season and sees the hard work paying off in her volleyball skills.

Immanuel’s football team has had a triumphant season so far as they remain undefeated as of Sep. 20th. Freshman Hayden Parker commented on his team’s success as well as what he hopes is to come.

Parker stated his contribution to the team has greatly impacted the rest of the players as he is in his best physical condition he has ever been in as well as his best mental condition. “It’s made me stronger to where my feelings have been pushed aside when Im playing. And physically Im in the best shape I’ve ever been in,” Parker said.

Although Parker has had a tremendous impact on his team, the motivation and dedication of some other players may be in question. “Some people get comfortable where they’re at when a coach compliments them,” Parker said. Parker hopes that all his team members are equally motivated and dedicated to try their hardest but can only do so much to boost their team spirit.

Parker believes his team has improved greatly compared to last season due to the team’s dedication heightened and their increased effort. Because of the team’s success, Parker also believes they can contend for a state championship, and that there is no other school who can stop them.

Immanuel’s volleyball and football team have had a surprising start compared to last season so far, and still have the rest of the season to go. Middle school has also had an impressive season with the volleyball team’s record and the cross country runners competing for nationals. As the end of the season draws nearer, Whether or not the Crusaders will be able to maintain their momentum and their undefeated record, is to be determined.