The Class of 2019

Emily Clark, Copy Editor

The Class of 2019 has been through it all. They have witnessed many teachers and close friends come and go. They have watched their school undergo many pivotal changes. Needless to say, Immanuel Lutheran Christian Academy (ILCA) has grown immensely sense Garrett McDonald and Madison Ballew first walked through the doors. However, both Seniors have left a lasting imprint on ILCA.

McDonald has been a student at Immanuel for eight years. He has participated in football for five years. His future plans include attending Oklahoma State University (OSU) in the fall and pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice. Afterwards, he hopes to move on to the Police Academy. McDonald has made many friends and memorable experiences during his time at ILCA. He is excited to move on. However, he definitely plans to continue revisiting Immanuel after graduation. McDonald has had many unforgettable experiences at ILCA. His only regret is that it went by so fast.

“Make it last” McDonald said, “because it will be over before you know it.”

Ballew first came to ILCA in the 4th grade. She has worked as an aftercare supervisor for two years and the younger students adore her. She plans to attend TCC after high school to pursue a career in physical therapy. Some of her favorite memories include her time spent in Ms. Nelson’s class, prom, and making new friends.

“Don’t take advantage of the time you have in high school. Make the best of it, but don’t get so caught up in it that you are afraid to leave” Ballew said.

The Class of 2019 will always hold a special place in the hearts of all who knew them. As they start a new chapter of their lives, they can be confident in knowing that they have a place to turn to, and people they can count on to support them no matter what.